Sunday 16 October 2011

Stuff, stuff and more stuff.

I'm gonna start writing and see if this goes anywhere. We had a great week of practices, and a bearings cleaning party to top off the week. My wheels spin real perdy like right now.
An update on the over use of elbows, I was told I did much better this week and you can tell I'm really trying. Dii Mented gave some tips how to practice not using my arms, so I tried to keep her instruction in mind while scrimmaging.
I'd hit That tried to take me down. I didn't fall, fall but stumbled back, and was very caught off guard by the hit. I was turned and she caught me her shoulder into my chest. I have no idea why I was turned to the side, or if I was even moving at the time, but wow! What a hit!
Smokey and I went down together and her skate came inches away from a true skate rape. Just wanna say, glad i managed to avoid that one. Unlike I'd Hit That who somehow got herself sodomized the practice before. We took a pic of the awesome wheel marks on her shorts after the fact, but I can't find the picture, so you can't see it. Sorry.
Saturday morning we had another round of photos. it was the 3rd session and we got 8 girls and one guy done. Because of the threat of rain an indoor location needed to be found, so I asked a friend of mine who owns a local business and he agreed. Unfortunately he had to go in for dental surgery the day before and was unable to open the shop, so another location needed to be found if it rained. because of the last minute cancellation and no time to find anything I just told people to come to my house on the promise it would be clean-ish, i would not have breakfast ready, I would not have coffee ready, and I may still be in pajamas.
So I spent some time cleaning the place up, and when everyone arrived, they took the pic's in my husbands dirty smelly record room. The only room I did not clean. Meh! Whatever, they look pretty cool.

So anyway, it's Sunday. I'm tired and I have a presentation due tomorrow for my french class. Then off to practice where my wifey will once again be joining me after taking some time off after having her appendix removed. She hasn't gotten a chance to scrimmage yet, we may all die tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment