Thursday 25 August 2011

Undecided

About 6 weeks ago or so we did a drill.
It was our first pack drill. Now at this point I thought I wanted to be a jammer. The jammer has the fun job and well, being the only one scoring points, they are a pretty important part of the game. While doing these drills I discovered on thing, I liked being in the pack. Jamming was no fun.
So over time this was my thought, I was a blocker. Then, about 2.5 weeks ago something in my head shifted. I still wanted to block, but I really really really wanted to try jamming again. I don't know why, there was no reason for it, but there it was.
So last night at practice I finally got my chance, and it was fun! And I must say, with the drill we were doing, even though there were 4 girls trying to make it through, it made me feel good to hear my name cursed while jamming.
They said block, not fall!

Oh, and while blocking too.
Tee Hee!
So now I want to do both. I have to get my skill up of course, and although my coach says speed is only a small part of jamming, I need to get that up as well.
I did hit 27 laps in 5 minutes last night though, so it's getting there. I think Creepy may have had a small part in that.
Did I mention I love my new wheels?
Now the thought has hit me that maybe I got through so well, especially the first few times, because the other girls didn't think I was much of a threat, and were not watching me like the others. And well, I can't blame them, cause like I said, until that point I was blocker. I have no choice in that, it's genetics, big hips, big butt and all that. However, even with that being said, I'm pretty proud of myself, and found myself smiling, a big goofy grin all the way home. And when my husband asked how practice went, I giggled. 
OH NO! Zombies.
This came at a good time, I was feeling a bit down a few weeks ago, and not sure if I was progressing at all. So now I know I am, and this going somewhere. I just gotta find the best place for me, jamming when I'm hyper, and blocking when I'm tired.
Well, maybe not, but you know what I mean.

No comments:

Post a Comment