Tuesday 20 September 2011

Just put some Windex on it!

A few weeks ago at practice as the girls were de-gearing and the ever popular conversation of "My gear stinks worse then your gear" came up, a new girl named Barbarian of El said "Just put some Windex on it."
I'm not sure many people other then myself heard her say it, but it made me laugh pretty loudly, as I had just watched My Big Fat Greek Wedding on tv for the first time a few weeks before, and assumed she was just quoting the movie.
Then last Friday as we were packing up I saw her take out a bottle of Windex and spray it in her skates. So of course, I had to ask why she had just done that.
She told me that the ammonia in the Windex kills the bacteria that causes the bad smell. You of course have to air everything out, but if you spray it immediately it'll kill off the smell.
Huh?
So of course I had to look into this more because it fascinated me. And apparently Windex is the be all end all cleaner, it kills bacteria odor like she said, can also be used to kill various insects and makes my windows shine!
What a handy little cleaner!
My gear is way past the point where I believe Windex will save it, but anything new I buy, I'm packing some Windex in my bag!

1 comment:

  1. I guess I will have to get some Windex for my new gear too !!

    ReplyDelete