Thursday 6 October 2011

Broken, Bruised, Bloody and not even Bouting

So last night we got a special treat.
Yes, for the first time ever, the helmet panties came out to play. When first taken from their secret hiding place, there was a small uproar when the girl who was supposed to be a jammer, was handed a pivot panty. Once we got that all settled, off we went.
I do not mean or want to hurt my girls. Well, not to the point where they are off skates for a awhile, however it seems I am not only a little violent and sneaky, I also have a potty mouth.
Yes, me. The girl who sings The Itsy bitsy Spider to her son at least 100 times a week, has a potty mouth on the track, and elbows of death.
It's very difficult, for me anyway, learning not to use your entire arm. I often hug my arms in front of me trying to train myself to keep them at my side, but when things get going, sometimes I forget and I'm told after the fact that I elbowed someone.
So what did I do.
Well.
Once I began to lose my balance and in trying to regain it, flailing arms of death came out to play and poor Barbariane of El was coming behind me and I managed to backhand her. She continued going and I assumed she was fine, and it felt worse for me then it was, but when she was done and leaving the track I heard her ask if her nose was bleeding.
This was a purely accidental thing, and I felt horrible about it for the rest of the night, it shows me that I have to get better control of my arms. I should not have been flailing, instinct caused me to flail, therefore I must learn to override my instinct.
And well, El's poor sister got caught by me to. Poor LipSmack. I, and many others fell, and well Lipsmack went down right over my head. Lucky she's tiny.
This was not all together an accident. Knowing she, being the jammer at the time, was coming, I did cock my head slightly.
This is funny to me because on a normal day, I really am not at all mean, rude or violent. Don't believe the rumors folks, I really harbor no ill will towards anyone.
Yes, this head cock, would have gotten me a major, something I discovered at the end of practice. See you learn something new everyday!
So after a bit it gets to the point where I am known for more then a few casualties on the track. I am not the one that ripped Fire Crack'Ya's panties though, that was all I'd Hit that! Or her new name given by me, Spank N' Yank.
Then Vigilante Banshee went down, and crawled off to the side. She hurt her knee, and said "I don't know if I can skate on it. Only one way to find out, skate on it." and she got up, high fived Pixel Ninja and took a turn around, and said she was fine. Pixel then told her she was out and to go sit down and pulled someone else up. Later when she was feeling better she thanked me for her hurt knee. This shocked the hell out of me! I didn't think I had anything to do with the fall.
Turns out I didn't. She just wanted to see how far she could take the joke. She is okay by the way. That girl is tough, and damn hard to pass.

So that was my night. I had allot of fun, and apologized for any elbow shaped bruises that I may have inflicted. My girls had me laughing so hard about my death elbows I still had a big grin on my face upon arriving home.
Glad you're nose is okay El. Next time I'll have to try harder. ;)

1 comment:

  1. You'll learn quickly in a real bout not to do it! Some ref's are super whistle happy about this stuff. Some of us were super sloppy when we first started, and are slowly getting better :) I can't wait to play with Dieppe!

    ReplyDelete