Tuesday 4 October 2011

I somtetimes forget this exists.

I'm not great at updating things. I have to remind myself I have them, like my Twitter account.  Not a good place to reach me.
This is no different, however since it has been a week or 2 or something like that, here we go.

Great quality, love them!

Aren't they pretty!
Last night marked my return to Derby. Not that I ever left, but I was unable to go to practice last Friday, and last Wednesday it was cancelled because most of A squad was bed ridden. It was awesome to return with new gaskets and knee pads courtesy of NeonSkates.

My triple 8 knee pads were lovely and all, but what a difference with my new Smith Scabs. I love the amount of padding in these, and you eventually get used to the bend.  I actually think the bend came in handy, it kept me from breaking my nose. Something I was sure was going to happen when we were told to sprint, turn, stop on toe stops. I told my coach "I'll do it. But I'm not happy about it."
After a few near concussion experiences, boom I had it, more or less. I don't have the jump turn down at all, however I was very pleased with how quickly the new move came to me, and the fact that I didn't fall was a nice little bonus. I was super impressed with I'D hit That. She was kicking all our butts. Sprint turn stop, sprint turn stop, the girl never stopped moving, no sooner had she stopped with a small slide on the floor then she was off running again.
This morning I woke up o a lovely treat.
Our very own Shreddy Crocker has decided to hold a contest to win Atom Elbow Pads.
He is paying for these out of his own pocket and opening the contest to any skater in Atlantic Canada. I gotta say, that's pretty awesome. Not many people out there are kind enough to do something like this just because. So if you're in Atlantic Canada, and you, like myself, need new elbow pads, here's the link you need to enter http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=146992358730595.
Good luck beating my entry. It's pretty sweet.

Anyway, that's all for now, as usual my life is pretty boring. I have a bit of a headache, other then that I'm good.

How you all doing?
Good?
Cranky?
Gassy?
None of the above?

OH!
I almost forgot, I have a new theme song!
ENJOY!


No comments:

Post a Comment