Wednesday 23 November 2011

Busy busy busy

Oh my what a week. And it's not nearly over.
This weekend my girls will be out and about the city. First in the morning selling our delicious Hits N' Sass hot sauce at the Moncton Farmers Market, then at night at the Christmas Parade.
Oh the Christmas parade, I hate you so much!
For the past month or so, myself and various others have been on a parade committee, we've been working hard trying to organize everything in a short period of time. We got a truck, we got a trailer, we've bugged people for money, and all the random Christmas crap they were willing to throw at us.
Last weekend we had our annual bylaw meeting, at which meeting I was asked to head the parade committee.
"Ha ha, NO!"
I'm not going to be in the parade for personal reasons, and when we're able to get the truck in place and decorating done I will be at a wedding, so clearly not a good choice. The reasons were explained to me a little more clearly, since I am a stay at home mom, I am more available then some others to field phone calls and read rules and nag people.
"Pffftt... I can do that."
The rest however, those small little details that mean everything in the end, not so awesome at. So I am in charge of nagging, rule reading, and getting people where they need to be when they need to be there, and my  current savior Shreddy Crocker is in charge of all those little details I'm sure to forget, and he is awesome at. And with the huge amount of help being offered by the rest of the league, we just may pull this one off!
I will be standing to the side waving and smiling as they pass by maybe snap a few pictures, then off to a very important dinner.
Also this week, I have been sick. I had a cold, then it seemed to pass and I had 3 days of normalcy, then got sick again, but much worse. I went to the Dr. and was told, "It's a cold." A week later went back again, and was told "You have a pretty severe throat infection."
AWESOME!
So I'm not as productive as I might be if I had a clear head. Also, since my son was born I have developed a penicillin allergy. He is allergic, and suddenly so am I, so it's the first time I'm experiencing the penicillin alternative. It's sucks, it make me sick to my stomach, so again, not as productive as I might be if I wasn't taking my pills with some gravol to keep me, well, you know....
Also, this week we finally get our merch!!!! I only ordered a hoodie, but I can't wait to get it. Then I can stop stealing my husbands work hoodie, cause it's just so soft.
It should be in sometime today, and tomorrow I am heading over to Alise T'Kills to help her organize everyones order so we can hand it out Friday at practice. Just in time for the parade, they are gonna look so good in their new DRD merch! the timing on it coudn't be better.
Also tomorrow morning Shreddy and I with our kids, his 3 and mine 2 are off to get decorations and chords and whatever else we need so wish us luck!

That is my week, and upcoming weekend. It may not seem like much when reading, it, and it could be worse. My head is still attached and I've yet to hear a ticking noise that would indicate the possibility of explosion anytime soon, so I'm good!
Anyway my son just requested we go over his colors, so I gotta go.

No comments:

Post a Comment