Sunday 27 November 2011

I love my girls and guys!



Yesterday morning I was a little stressed out and going on no sleep.
However there was nothing I could do for a few hours so my family and I went tot he market for breakfast.
The market was filled with Dieppe Roller Derby girls, all sporting our new merch! The girls were there selling raffle tickets and hot sauce, and I was just wandering aimlessly.
So at noon my son went down for a nap and I collected whatever I could find, headed to Riverview to grab something from my mom, and went to where our float was parked.
I sat in the empty parking lot staring at this big truck and flatbed thinking. "Oh Dear Lord!" And then, cars began pulling in.
My Saviors!
At the last minute yesterday morning I asked if some people would be able to meet me at the truck around 1. And boy did they answer the call! Cars and cars filled with stuff to decorate. Shreddy and myself were both working on no sleep due to the stress of what we were trying to pull off the next day.
Crash N'Turn made some awesome Dieppe Roller Derby logos to go on the float. She worked her butt off, and even though she was gonna be up late working on them, people came to her side to make sure everything got done.
Even Pixel showed up!

SinNic made some great banners with the help of Smokey 5-0 and I believe a few others.
Mr. Hyde pretty much cleaned his parents house of every Christmas decoration the had and arrived with a SUV full with a trailer behind also filled to the brim with stuff.
Shreddy, like myself, wasn't sure if we bought enough stuff and went back out after our shopping trip and bought more items. Everyone worked so long and so hard to make sure we pulled this off, and when I saw the end result I was smiling from ear to ear.
I had to leave at 2:30 to go to a wedding, so I missed the majority of the decorating bonanza, but they worked really hard and did an awesome job.
My Hyde and Shreddy

Shreddy and his Penguin

Kitty Von Doom!

My Hyde and his tree.

Testing the stereo

Coffee run returns!

End result.

Vigilante Banshee, LipSmack, Barbariane of El, Shreddy Crocker, Crash N`Turn

Yaaay!


No comments:

Post a Comment