Wednesday 1 February 2012

My Heros!

I have been seeing blog posts lately about people joining derby and meeting their hero.
So one would assume they knew something about derby and players prior to joining.
I am not that person. I went in blind and still am for the most part.
Not to say there are not players I am impressed with that I have seen.
Especially after watching the World Cup, there are  some people that blew my mind just a little.
If I passed by them on the street though, I wouldn't know who they are.

So who are my favorite players?
Well. If I had to choose I guess I would have choose from local girls I have seen play the most. And the teams I have seen the most are from Moncton and Saint John.

The girl I would most like to skate like:
Fancy Nancy 
Fog City Rollers
Girl can frikken skate, and more then once I've found myself  thinking, "I hope I'm that confident and skilled when it's my turn to play.
Not to say she is the best from her league, they have a ton of talented skaters that impress me.

The girl with the best style:
Eternal Glamnation
Muddy River Rollers
The pearls make me smile.
She adds a touch of class every time she hits the  track.

Best at taking hits:
Decepticat
Muddy River Rollers
Girl just keeps going. Doesn't matter what you throw at her!

Most aware on the track:
Fluke Nukem
Fog City Rollers
She was first brought to my attention at a game in Saint John by fellow teammates.
She's hard to get pass, because she always seems to be a step ahead.

If I had to choose who my "hero" in Roller Derby is, right now these ladies would be my top 4 locally. 
After watching them for a season they all have something they are able to do, that I hope I am able to take onto the track with me.
Not to say anything about Fredericton, Halifax, or PEI, I just haven't seen you ladies play as much as Moncton and Saint John. Therefore I am not familiar with your players. I'm sure this season as I not only get to watch, but also play these girls, that my list grow immensely. We have some pretty great teams in the Maritimes, and I'm excited to see wheat's gonna happen this season.

No comments:

Post a Comment