Monday 30 January 2012

All those derby girls do is party!

How many people feel that way?
How many people on the outside looking in think we are just a bunch of girls partying and drinking?
This was something that was said to my sister by a friend of hers that I took slight offence to.
I don't go out and party all the time. Actually in the 8 months I've been doing derby I have made it out to shenanigans exactly 3 times.
Last year at the Muddy River Jamboree.
Em Jekills birthday party.
and Once to karaoke on a the Thursday before Christmas as my husband was off on Friday so I was allowed to sleep in a bit the next day.
I am up early, and therefore in bed early. On an average night I am in bed by 10 at the latest, and up at 7. My weekends days are spent with my husband and son, and weekends night s are spent cuddling on the couch with my husband watching a movie. And usually, still in bed by 10.
I am a mom and wife first and derby girl second.
The girls in my league, are not out partying all the time. I mean, we would all like to be out having fun with not a care in the world, but reality gets in the way of that.
In real life we have jobs, we have kids, we have responsibilities that come first. And I am not speaking for everyone, as I don't know everyone. I am sure there are plenty of girls out there that party all the time, but I highly doubt derby has anything to do with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment