Wednesday 8 February 2012

Well. That hurt.

In my particular league we have an ongoing thing of taking pictures of our ninja bruises.
Ninja bruises, are random bruises that appear on your body, most likely from derby, but you can't figure out what you did that caused it to appear.
We post said bruises in our private group for others to see, and possibly take responsibility for.
I have had very few ninja bruises, I can usually pin point what I did that caused my bruises to appear, or in some cases, what someone else did.
For instance. Last Saturday I posted a picture of a very odd shaped bruise for Fire Crack'Ya to take a look at. It was in the shape of 3 fingers, and located on my right thigh.
This bruise occurred while playing tag, and Fire Crack'Ya was "it" and came up behind me and smacked me for all she was worth.
It felt like someone snapped my leg with a wet towel!
The bruise that was left was actually humorous, as we had a conversation minutes before the slap about a bruise on her arm. I noticed and asked if that was my fault, as we had been doing some hitting drills with each other the Monday before.
She told me it was and was hopeful that she had left some marks on me, unfortunately she had not. So she decided to make up for it.
So after 8 months of only having 1 ninja bruise I am now covered in them.
I am assuming that most of them happened Monday when Smokey decided she wanted to see if she could baseball slide under a table.
I wasn't so sure of the game when they pulled it out, but then it looked like so much fun, I felt I had to try. I had some pretty pathetic displays in the beginning, but eventually was able to slide all the way through. Of course when the camera came on I ended up banging the table with my leg, which may explain my black and blue ankle at the moment. 
Now before you think derby is all fun and games at practice, and we do random stuff like this all the time, know that only 5 girls showed up for team practice, and in instances like that, our coach tends to be a bit more lenient on some of what we do. 
After he tortures us of course.
Yesterday I was beginning to feel a little sore from the drill in the afternoon.
Today, well, let's just say even writing this is a bit difficult.
So my advice to other skaters, no matter how much fun it may look. Avoid baseball slides under the table, you will pay for it, and tonight's practice will be a very pathetic display from the girls who attended Monday, as we are all in pain, all bruised from head to toe, and all wondering "Why did feel the need to do that?"

No comments:

Post a Comment