Thursday 29 November 2012

Hey there, been a while!

It has been a long time since I have updated this. Well, there are 2 reasons.
1. I have been very busy.
2. Well the above mentioned reason has made my derby life non existant.

I have been skating for 1.5 years. In that time I have rarely missed a practice, and never missed a game I was asked to skate in, and been at almost every fundraiser.
I was once told by my old coach, someone who was a stickler for attendance, "You know, you don't have to be at every practice, it's okay to take a night off." because at the time we were skating 3 nights a week, and I was there every single time!
So what the heck is going on with me lately? Why have I barely made it to any practices int he past month?
Honestly. I'm tired and constantly feel like I am rushing. Most nights when I get home I am exhausted and work has been a little drama filled the past 2 months or so. So when I get home and I still have things I have to do there, well, Derby just isn't my biggest priority.
I love derby, and I love skating, I miss it dearly. I have never missed this much time, however I have come to peace with it, realizing that just for this moment right now, I have to put my other priorities, work and family first, and derby second.
I am not done! Not by any means! I actually have a week off work at Christmas, and I am going to use that time to get caught up on things at home, relax a bit, and get things back on track. That way when the new year starts, I'll be ready to jump back in!
See you all soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment