Tuesday 6 September 2011

I always hated gym class

It's very true. I hated gym class. Even as a kid when the other kids couldn't wait to go, and the teacher would threaten to take it away as punishment, secretly in my head I wanted them to take it away. I hated sports. I liked to read.
Allot.
I still do.
So it's a little amazing that at 30... I mean 23, I would decided, "I'm gonna join a sport!"
8th from the top! A squad baby!
I know what you're thinking, I'm upset because I always got picked 2nd last for soccer baseball, or kick ball for my Americanized friends.
YES! I am bitter. Just because I was a little shy, and liked to read it did not mean I wasn't okay at it. I wasn`t lazy or out of shape. When I got home I used to strap on skates and tour the neighborhood 50 times with my friend across the street Amy.
That last sentence probably reveals the most why this sport appealed to me.
So they were posting squads. The ice is about to hit the rinks, we are being kicked out and we are about to be basement bound again. So we had to split into A squad and B squad.
Close to 2 months ago Pixel told I`d Hit That and myself that he hadn't finalized the list yet, but some girls that thought they were gonna be on A would be surprised. So I`d Hit That was walking me to my car saying "It`s cool if we're both on B, it just means we need to spend more time on skates is all."
I had a very unconvincing happy face on, because I was mad. Mostly at myself because I felt that I clearly hadn't worked as hard as I could. Now keep in mind he did not say that I or Hit that was absolutely going to be on B squad, but it was implied ever so slightly whether he meant to or not. So for the past few months me and I'd Hit That have been trying really hard and working our butts off to prove we belong on A squad, and last night when the list was posted, we both were!
Tee Hee!
So to say we are both excited is an understatement. We high fived more then once last night.
Being on B squad is not a bad thing. I don't want anyone to think I have something against or that I am putting it down. We knew that allot of the ladies who had been with the league a bit longer were on A squad, and we have both been with the league for awhile. Her longer then I, so we wanted to show we were as good as the other senior ladies on the team. It's important, to me anyway, to prove I can do it and keep up. I know I can, I may look at you like you're crazy when you tell me to do something, but that's how I sort stuff out in my head and resolve to do it.
So Monday marks the first practices of A squad and B squad. :)
Also the first day of my french course so I will be a bit late on Mondays and Wednesdays until the end of November, so I gotta work that much harder while I'm there.
And as for that irritating pain that plagued me again at practice last night, F-U, I'm going to the clinic tonight and putting you in your place!

No comments:

Post a Comment