Friday 2 September 2011

I'm double jointed, but my fat screws up my flexibility

So more about the almost splits last Monday.
Well not sure if it's related, but I assume it is because when I got home my left leg hurt more then my right one. When I got to practice on Wednesday I felt an irritating pain, like someone was pinching me in my left leg. Whatever, skate through, shake it off. The pain began creeping down my leg, then took over my entire left upper leg. It friggin hurt!
I couldn't skate, do any of the drills without wincing then swearing a bit under my breath. So finally after a little over an hour of the pain getting worse and worse and worse I sat down.
Stupid mistake.
Sitting for a few minutes seemed to give my muscle the time it needed to be make it so I could barely lift my leg.
So I left. Mad, sad, had to pee a little.
Again the next day woke up seemingly fine.
Today, well, after a little running around to get my son a few warmer clothing items, the pain is back, just a little. Enough that I know it's there, and enough to make me worry I may not be able to practice tonight.
So now I am gonna try to relax the rest of the day as much as possible, put some heat and cold on it, take some muscle relaxers and hope for the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment