Saturday 17 September 2011

I never liked Molasses much.

Last night was our first practice at the Church.
It was difficult, to say the least. The floor is rubber tile.
Have you ever tried to skate on rubber?




 HAVE YOU?





It's insane, you cannot roll, you must push and push and push. I tell you now, if we stay at this spot, I am cancelling my gym membership.
I was initially told by Dii Mented upon entering the venue, that it was like skating in a mud pit. Later, Alise T'Kill described it like skating in molasses. Which after puffing around the floor a few times, I decided was the description I felt best described my feeling of hatred towards this floor.
On the bright side, I will be so thin and sexy our first bout, you won't even recognize me.
It makes practices shorter though, because withing the first 30 minutes you are out of breath and have secreted all fluids from your body through your pores.
You may as well be skating in these bad boys!

Will we continue at this venue? Yes.
It takes allot more then sticky molasses to discouraged these derby derby girls.
However going and getting fast food after with most of the A-Team practice was much needed was never so well deserved.

And just so you know, this is my wheel explanation:

Creeper Green/90A
Good grip on sport tile, banked track 
and smooth coated concrete

Nothing in there about molasses!

No comments:

Post a Comment