Monday 5 December 2011

Derby Action?

Yesterday was the end of the first ever Roller Derby World Cup.
Congratulations to USA for their hard work and taking home the win.
Also, congratulations to Canada for playing hard and coming in 2nd. Also want to point out they were the first team to score in the double digits against the US all weekend, which says allot.

I watched what I could when I was able. The first game I was at the mall with my son while he had his picture taken with Santa, so right there I was off to bad start following this whole thing.
I upset my entire family last night when I insisted on watching on my parents laptop while they were attempting a family dinner. However in my defense it was the last game and it was Canada vs. the USA so really, how could I miss it.
I know everyone from my area was following the games very closely. I can tell from the constant FaceBook comments lol.
The majority of the time while I was watching I could hear Banshee in my head yelling "SKATE! SKATE!" maybe it was me yelling in my head doing my best Banshee impression, unsure.
So now the weekend we have all been talking about for months is over, and really. What are we supposed to watch to occupy our time now?
Well, I just watched Ernest Saves Christmas with my son.
I forgot how funny that movie was.
Tonight I go to practice with my girls, where I'm sure our conversation will be packed full of stuff we saw over the weekend.
Are you still reading?
Really, cause I'm really not going anywhere with this, just randomly typing words.
Bear. magazine. mickey mouse zombie Claus.

Also in 20 days it will be Christmas.
Yup, sorry, had to sneak that in there, now you're panicking, and it's funny to me. Why am I not panicking you ask, I only have 1 person left to shop for. That's why. lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment