Thursday 5 April 2012

I think I found the balance!

So last Monday was my first day at my new job.
Well, not really, but kind of.
I went to Sussex to meet the people at the office there, and get a few things done, however I am not technically starting until next week, so it was just a chance for them to meet me.
I went in to a mess! I have never seen an office as disorganized as the one I walked in to. The man currently in charge decided I was his assistant, and the first thing he asked me to do was clean the floor. Then took it back very quickly when I gave him a look the read "Ha ha, you better be joking asshole".
So then the announcement came down. "See that girl sitting in that chair behind the desk, she's your new boss."
Well, the men, currently all the employees are men, who were so happy to meet me, and so nice that morning turned cold very fast. Which honestly, I really didn't care that much about, they'll get over, or they won't. Nothing I can do to change that. I do feel had the announcement been made differently, the reaction would have been different, but there is nothing that can be done to change the past, so we move on.
When I left I had a headache. There were just some issues with the computer, and a really disorganized and dirty office. Luckily Moncton, which is where I will be spending most of my time, is very clean and organized and will be less of a headache to deal with.
So I get home around 2, and later that night go to derby.
MAN! Should have done this years ago!
It was so nice being around people I could tell about my eye roll of a day to, and have them listen, and joke, and then I got to skate the day off. I honestly left there feeling so much better, and so much more positive about what had gone down that morning.
Roller Derby, the perfect cure for work!

No comments:

Post a Comment